The Give-A-Goat fundraiser culminates on April 26th at an event named Shackathon.
During Shackathon, every WT student is invited to participate in a unique picture of poverty by building and living in a cardboard shack for 24 hours on the lawn east of Old Main.
Wednesday, April 26th
8a: Shack Sign-Up (HQ) and Begin Building
4p: Judging of Shacks (WT Administration)
5p: Goat Floats (Student Engagement and Leadership)
7p: Special Program (Milton Jones, President of CRF)
Thursday, April 27th
7a-12p: Shack Tear Down
For more info call Kent Mereness @ 806-655-2174.
Guidelines for building a shack at Shackathon:
- Sign up at the Shackaton table in the JBK (April 10-20) or at Shack HQ (April 24-25)
- If you want your shack to be part of the judging, it must be completed by 4pm on the 26th
- NO driving on WT grounds, even on the sidewalk
- Single-story shacks only
- Other than cardboard and pallets (provided), you need to bring all necessary materials
- YOU MUST DISPOSE OF YOUR SHACK ONCE THE EVENT IS OVER (morning of April 27th)