The Give-A-Goat fundraiser culminates on April 9th at an event named Shackathon.
During Shackathon, every WT student is invited to participate in a unique picture of poverty by building and living in a cardboard shack for 24 hours on the lawn east of Old Main.
Wednesday, April 9th
8a: Shack Sign-Up (HQ) and Begin Building
4p: Judging of Shacks (WT Administration)
5p: Goat Floats (CORE)
7p: Special Program (Milton Jones, President of CRF)
Thursday, April 10th
7a-12p: Shack Tear Down
For more info call Kent Mereness @ 806-655-2174 or Father Daniel Dreher @ 806-655-4345.
Guidelines for building a shack at Shackathon:
- Sign up at the Shackaton table in the JBK (March 24-28, March 31-April 3) or
at Shack HQ (April 7-9)
- If you want your shack to be part of the judging, it must be completed by 4pm on the 9th
- NO electricity, stakes in the ground, heating devices, open flames, or alcohol
- NO driving on WT grounds, even on the sidewalk
- Single-story shacks only
- Other than cardboard and pallets (provided), you need to bring all necessary materials
- YOU MUST DISPOSE OF YOUR SHACK ONCE THE EVENT IS OVER (morning of April 10th)
- "Shack Staff" will be able to assist you the day of Shack-A-Thon